The ICDE 2017 Applications Track will feature research in which the problems being addressed originate from real applications and require novel techniques, technologies, and/or methodologies. A clear, demonstrable impact on domain applications is a key requirement. These papers should follow the same submission guidelines as regular research papers.
The application domains include but are not restricted to:
- Smart Cities
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) Applications
- Natural and Social Sciences
- MOOCs and On-Line Learning Systems
- Personalized Health and Precision Medicine
- Public Digital Health
- Emergency Response and Disaster Management
- Omics Applications
- Sustainability and Energy Management Applications
The deadlines are the same as for regular research papers:
- Abstract submission due:
October 11, 2016, 11:59PM US PDT
- Full paper submissions:
October 18, 2016, 11:59PM US PDT
- First round of reviews to authors:
December 13, 2016
- Feedback from authors:
December 16, 2016, 11:59PM US PST
- Notification to authors:
January 10, 2017
- Camera-ready copy due:
January 24, 2017Extended to February 13, 2017
Applications track papers may lead to interesting software demonstrations. Authors are encouraged to consider submitting related demonstration papers.
Submission Guidelines for Applications Papers
- Manuscripts must be prepared in accordance with the given submission guidelines. Applications papers must not exceed 12 pages, including the bibliography and any appendix.
- Only electronic submissions in PDF format will be considered. Please upload your submission to the ICDE 2017 Applications Track through the submission site. Your submission must be made within the due date specified above.
- A paper submitted to ICDE 2017 cannot be under review for any other conference or journal during the entire time it is considered for ICDE 2017, and it must be substantially different from any previously published work.
- Submissions are reviewed in a single-blind manner. Authors of research papers will have an opportunity to give concise feedback on preliminary reviews within the Dec 13-16 period.
- All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings. The online proceedings may be published as early as March 1, 2017. The best papers will be selected for extended versions to be published in the IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if none of the authors attends the conference to present their paper.
Conflicts of interest
During submission of a research paper, the submission site will request information about conflicts of interest of the paper’s authors with program committee (PC) members. It is the full responsibility of all authors of a paper to identify all and only their potential conflict-of-interest PC members, according to the following definition:
A paper author has a conflict of interest with a PC member when and only when one or more of the following conditions holds:
- The PC member is a co-author of the paper.
- The PC member has been a co-worker in the same company or university within the past two years.
- The PC member has been a collaborator within the past two years.
- The PC member is or was the author’s primary thesis advisor, no matter how long ago.
- The author is or was the PC member’s primary thesis advisor, no matter how long ago.
- The PC member is a relative or close personal friend of the author.
Papers with incorrect or incomplete conflict of interest information as of the submission closing time are subject to immediate rejection.
Applications Track Session Chairs
|Amarnath Gupta||University of California, San Diego|
|Elke Rundensteiner||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
Applications Track Program Committee
|Ilkay Altintas||University of California San Diego|
|Alexandre Alves||Oracle Corp.|
|Lei Cao||IBM T.J. Watson Research Center|
|Daniel Crawl||University of California San Diego|
|Subashis Dasgupta||University of California San Diego|
|Mohamed Eltabakh||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
|Peter M. Fischer||Institut für Informatik, Universität Freiburg|
|Dmitri Kalashnikov||AT&T Labs Research|
|Xiangnan Kong||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
|Yanhua Li||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
|Tanu Malik||DePaul University|
|Niloy Mukherjee||LinkedIn Corporation|
|Behrooz Omidvar-Tehrani||Ohio State University|
|Beng Chin Ooi||National University of Singapore|
|Peter Pietzuch||Imperial College London|
|Jianwu Wang||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|Roberto Yus||University of Zaragoza, Spain|
|Roberto Zicari||Frankfurt Big Data Lab- Goethe University|