ICDE 2017 invites Panel proposals on all aspects of data management. We encourage submissions on issues of current interest to the community that are well-suited to open discussion and debate. Of particular interest are proposals related to the merge of data-intensive and high-performance computing, data science education, and reproducibility.
- Panel Submission:
November 7, 2016, 11:59PM US Pacific Daylight Time
- Notification of acceptance:
December 5, 2016
- Camera-Ready copy:
January 24, 2017Extended until February 13, 2017.
Submission Guidelines for Panel Proposals
Each proposal should include the title of the panel, the names, affiliations, and brief biographies of the moderator and the panelists, and a brief (no more than one page in the ICDE 2017 submission format) description of the content and format of the discussion.
Panels should focus on discussion and debate. We discourage formats that revolve around prepared slides and lengthy individual presentations by the panelists. Proposals should include specific examples of provocative questions to be addressed by the panel, and should clearly answer the following questions:
- Why is the topic of current interest to the ICDE community?
- Why is the topic well-suited to an open panel discussion?
- What should attendees expect to gain from the panel?
Short panel summaries will appear in the ICDE 2017 conference proceedings.
- Susan Davidson (susan at seas dot upenn dot edu)
- Julia Stoyanovich (last name at drexel dot edu)